Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
What is functional capacity evaluation?
It is defined as "a systematic method of measuring an individual's ability to perform meaningful tasks on a safe and dependable basis".
Why would you need a functional capacity evaluation (FCE)?
- Development Of Treatment Program - for Work Hardening
- Modification of Treatment Program
- Job Task Matching - Comparing Client's Abilities Prior to and Post Injury
- Occupation Matching - Comparing Client's Abilities to a Target Job
- Work Restrictions - Can Client Return to Their Usual and Customary Employment With Modifications or Restrictions
- Disability Rating - Quantifying the Extent of a Client's Disability
- Current Physical Abilities
- Identify Physical Restrictions
- Need for Reasonable Accommodations
- Performance Within Competitive Labor Market
- Performance of Specific Job Functions
- Return to Pre-Injury Job Physical Abilities
- Need for Reasonable Accommodation
- Workday Tolerance
- Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI) and Current Abilities
- Functional Abilities and Limitations
- Performance of Pre-Injury Job Physical Abilities
- Gainful Employment
- Cost of Future Care
At Evolutions Therapy, we have a FCE Therapist trained through the Matheson Education and Training.
- Prior Authorization
- Copy of Client's Job Description
- Medical and Surgical History Information
- Reason for Referral
- Dress Code: Closed Comfortable Shoes, Comfortable Clothing that Allows Movement