Evolutions Therapy offers hand and upper quarter rehabilitation for all ages (birth to 99 y/o) and diagnoses.
- Tendon and Nerve Lacerations
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (i.e., Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders
- Fractures of the Hand, Wrist, Forearm and Humerus
- Nerve Compression and Injuries
- Congenital Conditions
- Various Types of Arthritis (Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis)
- Traumatic Amputations
- Wound Care
- Status post burns
- Shoulder / Elbow injuries
Treatment is provided 1:1 patient/therapist ratio and by a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Pain Reduction
- Edema Reduction Post-surgical or Post-injury
- Custom Static, Static Progressive and Dynamic Splint Fabrication
- Serial Casting
- Maximize Return to Function While Protecting Hewly Repaired Structures
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Neural Mobilization Techniques
- Individualized Exercises
- Joint Protection Techniques
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Graston Tools
- Custom Ordering and Fitting of Silver Ring Splints or Oval 8 Splints
- Identification for Adaptive Equipment Needs (As Appropriate)
- Mirror Therapy
- Ergonomic Assessment and Training
Who is a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT)?
A Certified Hand Therapist is an occupational therapist or physical therapist that successfully passed a comprehensive national examination of advanced clinical skills and theory in upper quarter (Shoulder, elbow, hand) rehabilitation. The minimum requirement for qualifying to take the examination is 5 years of clinical experience including 4,000 hours or more of direct clinical practice in hand therapy.
At Evolutions Therapy, our CHT Miss Natasha Odendaal, OTR has been a CHT since 2003. She has been an occupational therapist since 1993. She is effective and efficient in maximizing early return of function.