Notice to Our Patients
Evolutions Therapy’s (ET) primary concern will always be the health and safety of our patients and employees. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, ET has been actively working with different organizations and reviewing resources to meet compliance in establishing the right safeguards and procedures hence the temporary closure.
At Evolutions Therapy, we will ensure that our staff (clinical and non-clinical) meet the criteria of the following:
- No travels out of the county/country county/country SINCE March 23, 2020
- Body temperature checks twice a day
- Stay home when feeling ill,
- Hand hygiene: frequent hand washing
- Observed social distancing (all their outside curricular activities are related to grocery<>home; home <>work). The workstations are 6 ft apart.
- They have their own work stations, computers, supplies to prevent sharing and contamination. They frequently clean, disinfect work tools and areas before and after use.
- Taking daily doses of vitamins
- Shower before leaving the clinic at the end of a workday.
AAs an outpatient therapy clinic, we fall under the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security: https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce. Should patients deem they need to come for therapy, we have implemented the following.
What has our practice done to make your appointments as safe as possible?
- Educated all staff about COVID-19. Our source of information will always be the CDC and Prevention and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Perform regular HAND WASHING for 20 seconds to use soap and water.
- Patients will wash their hands in the lobby as soon as they walk in
- After sneezing or coughing
- After treatment before leaving the clinic
- Wear FACE MASKS. Both patients and therapists will be wearing face masks during the treatment sessions.
- BODY TEMPERATURE screen. We will check your body temperature before entering the treatment gym. CDC and Prevention considers a person with a temperature of 100.4° F (38° C) or greater as fever level.
You will have to answer the following questions on every visit:
- Do you have any cough?
- Do you have any shortness of breath?
- Do you have pain or pressure in the chest?
- Are you experiencing decrease sense of taste and or smell?
- Have you traveled out of the RGV in the last 14 days?
- Have anyone in your household traveled out of the valley in the last 14 days?
- Are you currently taking care of anyone in your household who is feeling the symptoms above?
- Cleaning and Disinfecting regularly. We have intensified our cleaning and disinfecting procedures after EACH patient treatment (which we have always done). We are following all cleaning and disinfecting procedures recommended by the CDC.
Protective gear. Our therapists will be wearing a clean vests/smocks and using gloves per treatment session.
- Altered SCHEDULING process. There will be reduced number of people in the building and use of private rooms to separate patients.
- For adult patients, spouses or family will wait in your vehicles. Please understand anything touched and used will have to be cleaned and disinfected. We would like to focus our full attention and energy to patient care activities, clean up and disinfection.
- One-on-One care with licensed therapists (which we have always done).
- We have a shower in the facility. If you would like to shower before leaving the clinic, you are welcome to do so. Please bring your own towel.
We reserve the ability to re-schedule your appointment in two (2) weeks out to protect the health and safety of our patients and employees if:
- You or anyone have traveled in the last 14 days to cities, countries or states with high ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19
- You develop a fever with cough or shortness of breath within the last 14 days
- You have had contact with someone who is suspected to have COVID-19 and develop fever with cough or shortness of breath within 14 days of your contact
*If you are limiting your exposure to the public or would like to reschedule your appointment, or would like to request a specific time, please call us to discuss if we can accommodate your request.